August 28, 2011

Velkommen!

The time has come for me to follow through on my ambition to start a blog. I will be living in Trondheim, Norway for two years as a Master’s student at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. I came to Norway because I want to get to know my Norwegian relatives, experience life in my “fatherland,” learn Norwegian, and study molecular medicine, in that order.

Why the name, “Delighted but Confused”? Because I won a contest! You can read about it here, on my friend Jason’s blog. Plus, I think “delighted but confused” describes life in a foreign country very well. I’ve been delighted and confused by Norway before, why not again?

I should have started writing weeks ago, but I didn’t. I already have many things to write about Norway but I also want to tell you about the past few months. So, my first posts will be recaps of leaving home and traveling through England and Poland before arriving in Norway.

I look forward to sharing with you the delight and confusion I will undoubtedly experience… welcome and enjoy!



4 comments:

Meara said...

Yay! So excited that you've finally started your blog. I can't wait to live vicariously through your European adventures :) Hope you're enjoying yourself! We miss you!

Jessica DesLongchamp said...

This is AWESOME! Can't wait to read more!!

Chelsea said...

I'm hooked on your blog! Can't wait until the next posting!!

Kathleen said...

Thanks everybody, I'm excited to get this thing going!

Chels - hooked already? Glad you had a great time in California!